Read wordpress replace search button with icon for more information.
Many desktop lovers think that styling the search button is one of the most difficult tasks to undertake. Some of you may want to replace the text with a magnifying glass search graphic. Moreover, you also need to give a submit type of input to send a search request.
You can easily do this by replacing the search text with the icon element. For a better look of the Divi search button, you can replace it with an icon. As such, the Divi search module and the default WordPress search widget acquire an improved look. There are also many websites where you must have seen the search icon with a toggle effect.
If you aim to modify the WordPress replace search button with icon, then you can go through some snippets that will help you in this. Furthermore, the removal of the CSS code is the foremost step which you should take. It mainly hides the search forms button and by removing it, you gain an advantage.
To know more, click on this video:
In order to avoid issues with WordPress Plugins, you can alternatively install the WP fastest site search plugin
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search results page.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, you can add the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code and add it to your wordpress PHP code. Please note that you have to add separately the code <ci-search></ci-search> to a place where you want the search box to appear ( Tip!- Contact our support team to get this done). There might be a one time fee for integration.
If you still haven’t created your very own dynamic search box please refer to how to create dynamic search box in WordPress to know how. The WordPress search form is the element on your website where you want to place the search. A floating search bar is useful when you want the search bar to move along as one scroll through the page. If you have less real estate on your site or you want to say add a search bar that expands on click you can check out expanding search bar WordPress plugin. Features such as search exact phrase and search sort by relevance can be added and are useful in increasing the effectiveness of the search. Some additional advanced features like highlight search terms and search by category and subcategory can also be explored.
Recently voice has taken over digital and is expected to be a mandate in the future. Adding voice search to WordPress site now will help you gain additional bonus points in terms of UX and SEO. WordPress live search Ajax without plugin will give you an edge on speed and web resource utilization.