Read wordpress replace search button with icon for more information.
Many desktop lovers think that styling the search button is one of the most difficult tasks to undertake. Some of you may want to replace the text with a magnifying glass search graphic. Moreover, you also need to give a submit type of input to send a search request.
You can easily do this by replacing the search text with the icon element. For a better look of the Divi search button, you can replace it with an icon. As such, the Divi search module and the default WordPress search widget acquire an improved look. There are also many websites where you must have seen the search icon with a toggle effect.
If you aim to modify the WordPress replace search button with icon, then you can go through some snippets that will help you in this. Furthermore, the removal of the CSS code is the foremost step which you should take. It mainly hides the search forms button and by removing it, you gain an advantage.
To know more, click on this video:
In order to avoid issues with WordPress Plugins, you can alternatively install the WP fastest site search plugin
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search results page.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, you can add the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code and add it to your wordpress PHP code. Please note that you have to add separately the code <ci-search></ci-search> to a place where you want the search box to appear ( Tip!- Contact our support team to get this done). There might be a one time fee for integration.
Hello, wondering if anyone can help please? I would like to change the search
submit button called for by <?php get_search_form(); ?> to use an fa icon. I have
…To change the look and feel of the search button, you can simply use CSS. What I
usually do is to set the background to an the icon and use …I just want to know how to change the search button to search icon instead of the
word “search”? Thank you! The page I need help with: [log in to see the link].Here is a bit of a workaround, I replaced the input with button , removed value
completely <form role=”search” method=”get” id=”searchform” …The most complex part of styling our search widget is the search button. … We
also want to replace the text with a standard magnifying-glass search graphic.You need a “submit” type of input to send the search request. You could do that
by putting your icon element instead of the search text, like so: … Replacing the Divi search button with an icon gives a much sleeker look. … the
Divi Search module and the default WordPress search widget. … Have you seen the search icon with toggle effect on many popular websites? …. I
did have to play around with the positioning to get the search button to appear
where I want … I see no change and wonder what I have missed. … In case you want to change the default word “Search” in the Search Button, into
something different, this snippet will allow to change it.The first step is to remove the CSS code which hides the search forms button. In
your child themes … Replace Search Button With Icon. Note: You will need to …