Read wordpress search exact phrase for more information.
When we search for a word or a phrase, all kinds of posts related to the keyword are shown up. This is the most commonly asked question about WordPress search. For instance, let’s take a term you might be looking for and search for ‘search exact phrase’. You end up with posts having the terms ‘search’ or ‘phrase’ or ‘exact’. But, if you want to see results with the search term ‘search exact phrase’, it is possible with a twist in the code.
This can be achieved by altering the WordPress default query by following different techniques as:
- the pre_get_posts
- the query_posts
- the SQL statement filters
- the wp_the_query
Any of the above techniques can be used for WordPress Search Exact Phrase, but ‘pre_get_posts’ is the easiest way. Just by adding a hook ‘pre_get_posts’ in theme’s functions.php, you can alter the default query. Before the actual query is run, this hook should be called after the query variable object is created. This hook gives the programmer to access the query object by reference.
There is a parameter called ‘exact’ which allows setting whether the search query should return results having exactly the searched terms or as set by default. To customize the search to work in exact mode (matching each word from the search terms), you must insert a customized code in your theme’s functions.php file.
Learn more about it by viewing the video:
For all your search needs, alternatively, you can use WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin by Expertrec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search results page.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, you can add the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code and add it to your wordpress PHP code. Please note that you have to add separately the code <ci-search></ci-search> to a place where you want the search box to appear ( Tip!- Contact our support team to get this done). There might be a one time fee for integration.
Fine posts where the exact phrase exists, not just part of a phrase. For example, if
you search his house you would not have returned a post … Credit to tinyGod for
this answer – http://tinygod.pt/make-wordpress–search–exact/.However now I want to search for an exact phrase “producer index” and it picks
up any article with “producer” or “index.” How can I do an exact phrase search … … You can, however, make WordPress do a phrase search, simply by adding …
Adding exact=1 to the URL changes the WHERE clause to:. … This tutorial will explain how to modify wordpress search match exactly. … This
class contains a parameter called exact as shown in the below code, which … but
by making this flag to true or 1, would do a phrase search.The native wordpress search, does not look for exact complete words. It means
that when you look for ‘Los’ you also get words like ‘lost’ ‘loser’ in search results. … Exact! A common question about the WordPress search is how to make it exact,
or in other words, directly from the geeSearch support forum: if I …what is the easiest way on a wordpress site to have a database of unique ID
numbers and have a search field that searches the exact phrase and displays … … Summary: Current if I search my notes for “WordPress website” then … To be able
to search exact combinations of words or phrases in the …You can try this bellow code. That code search your word inside post content only
. after use that code the search oparation dose not perform on … … Both in Outlook and in most DMSes (such as iManage or NetDocs), you can
search for exact phrases by enclosing your search term(s) in …