Let’s face it- the default wordpress search is not great. In this article we will see how to create a dynamic wordpress search engine using expertrec within 5 minutes.
A Dynamic wordpress search engine should have the following features-
- Dynamic autocomplete.
- Real time crawl
- Images in search that change according to the search query.
- Dynamic filters and facets.
- Voice search.
- Search highlighting.
Here are easy steps to fix add dynamic search to your wordpress site easily with no coding-
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your wordpress website url and click on next->
- Wait for crawl of your wordpress site to complete.
- Download expertrec’s wordpress search extension from here -> Download link
- In your wordpress admin panel, go to Plugins-> Add New-> Upload plugin
- Upload expertrec wordpress zip and click install.
- Click on Activate plugin.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s wordpress plugin logo, click on that .
- Get your site ID from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your wordpress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan from here.(9 USD per month)
- Thats it ! Your brand new wordpress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your wordpress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your wordpress search results page.
- Snapshot of your wordpress search spelling error tolerance feature.