Read this blog on Woocommerce search and filter not working for more information.
If Product Filters do not show filters or not show results for attributes/categories/tags if you’re using WooCommerce between 2.6.x and 3.0 and WordPress less then 4.7, please, follow these simple steps:
1. Update your plugins
If you have an active cache plugin, please, do also the following:
2. Go to WooCommerce > System Status > Tools and click on recount terms
3. Empty the cache (if any)
If still the filters do not show up:
4. copy and paste the following code into the functions.php file of your current theme:
add_filter ('yith_wcan_use_wp_the_query_object', '__return_true');
and go through steps 2 and 3 once again.
The ability to filter products in stores today is a necessity to make the search for goods more efficient. Users are accustomed to using this tool, and not offering it can hurt your store. If the above methods do not work, then move on to using a custom search plugin that will give you smart filters as well.
How to fix the Woocommerce Search and Filter not Working issue using ExpertRec
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Enter your website URL and initiate a crawl.
- Wait till all site pages of your website have been crawled.
- Download and install the WP fastest site search widget from here.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/Status and copy your site ID.
- Click on the site search icon in your WordPress admin panel. Copy-paste your API key from inside your WordPress admin panel
- This widget adds a better performing search form to your website.
- Subscribe to a paid plan (9 USD per month).
- That’s it, you have added a search form to your Woocommerce site.
The main purpose of the smart plugin is to improve the user search experience for any WordPress based website. You can manage a lot of settings provided by the plugin to customize its appearance by selecting what fields to display and changing styling options. It’s pretty easy to select the required fields to be used for the search in the plugin settings.