Ivory Search is a simple to use advanced WordPress search plugin.
It enhances the default WordPress search and also allows you to create new custom search forms.
With Ivory Search, you can create an unlimited number of search forms and configure each search form individually to customize WordPress search and perform different types of searches on-site content.
Display the custom search forms on-site header, footer, sidebar or widget area, navigation or menu, on pages, posts, custom post types, or anywhere on the site using its shortcodes.
- Search WooCommerce products.
- Search images, files, and attachments.
- Customize search form using the customizer.
- Search using AJAX search.
- Create an unlimited number of search forms.
- Configure each search forms separately.
- Configure search form to search specific content.
- Exclude specific content from search results.
- Display Search Forms anywhere on your site.
- Supports multilingual search.
- Integrates with popular plugins such as WooCommerce, Polylang, bbPress, WPML, etc.
AJAX SEARCH OR LIVE SEARCH
- Convert any search form including the default search form to AJAX search form.
- Search posts, pages, WooCommerce products, images, files, or any custom post type using AJAX search.
- Exclude any specific content from the AJAX search.
SEARCH FORM CUSTOMIZER
- Use the customizer to change search form colors and text.
- Choose any search form style from various search forms.
SEARCH SPECIFIC CONTENT
- Search specific post types such as post, page, product, attachment, forum etc.
- Search in the post title.
- Search in post content.
- Search in post excerpt.
- Search posts having a specific category or taxonomy terms.
- Search in category or taxonomy terms title.
- Search in category or taxonomy terms description.
- Search posts having specific custom fields or metadata.
- Search WooCommerce products SKU. [Premium]
- Search WooCommerce products variation. [Premium]
- Search posts created by specific authors. [Premium]
- Search in the author’s Display name and display the posts created by that author.
- Search posts having specific statuses. [Premium]
- Search posts having a specific number of comments. [Premium]
- Search in approved comments content.
- Search posts created on a specific date.
- Search only password-protected posts.
- Search only posts without passwords.
- Search all posts with and without passwords.
- Search specific files, MIME type, or media attachments such as images, audio, videos, PDF, documents, etc. [Premium]
- Search in the title, caption, and description of images, attachments, and media.
- Search in multiple languages as the plugin supports multilingual plugins such as Polylang, WPML, etc.
EXCLUDE SPECIFIC CONTENT FROM SEARCH
- Exclude specific post types from the search.
- Exclude specific posts, pages, WooCommerce Products, Media Attachments, forums, or any custom post type from search.
- Do not search in the post title.
- Configure to not search in post content.
- Configure to not search in post excerpt.
- Exclude posts from search having a specific category or taxonomy terms.
- Exclude posts from search having specific custom fields or metadata. [Premium]
- Exclude ‘out of stock’ WooCommerce products from search. [Premium]
- Exclude posts from search created by specific authors. [Premium]
- Exclude posts from search having specific statuses. [Premium]
- Exclude sticky posts from search.
- Exclude posts from search having a specific number of comments.
- Exclude posts from search created before or after specific dates.
- Exclude password protected posts from search.
- Exclude posts from search without passwords.
- Exclude images, audios, videos, PDF, documents, attachments, files, media, file type or MIME type from search. [Premium]
CONTROL AND EXTEND SEARCH
- Display search form in the navigation menu and configure its functionality.
- Configure the number of posts to display in search results.
- Highlight search terms on the search results page.
- Order posts in ascending or descending order of date, relevance, id, author, title, type, name, comment count, menu order, or entirely random. [Premium]
- Display or hide sticky posts at the top of the search results page.
- Display an error page or list all posts for empty search queries.
- Display search forms only to site administrators while testing, before going live.
- Disable an individual search form or disable searching sitewide.
- Configure stop words that are excluded from the search.
- Option to add word synonyms to provide more relevant search results.
- Display post_type argument in the search query URL and restrict the search to it.
- Search posts having all or any of the selected category or taxonomy terms.
- Display content having any or all the searched terms.
- Fuzzy Matching – Search posts that include the whole search term or search words in the posts that begin or end with the search term.
- Keyword Stemming – Also searches base word of searched keyword. [Premium]
We enhanced and re-wrote old Add Search To Menu plugin from the ground up and Add Search To Menu has renamed to Ivory Search.
Ivory search is a great option if you are looking to add search to a content-based site, but it lacks really in the eCommerce applicability. There are great alternative plugins specialized for eCommerce and specifically speaking specialized for woocommmerce. One such plugin is the WP fastest site search engine.
One of the best features of this plugin is the woocommerce product search dropdown. In recent times search dropdown has almost become a norm in the ecommerce space and not having one will make your eCommerce site look out of place. Hence having a woocommerce dropdown search. Often the default search results page could also have some problems and in this case, having the option to edit woocommerce search results page is important to have and WP fastest site search provides it. The next important bit in ecommerce search engines are facets, commonly called as filters. having a woocommerce faceted search engine is extremely important as this is a basic feature and is a must. WP fastest site search is a faceted search woocommerce extension.
If you are not interested to get a plugin for the facets then you try woocommerce faceted search html 2 but this would be a very complicated setup as compared to using a product filter plugin for woocommerce. Therefore the best way forward to get a good woocommerce product filter for your site would be to use a plugin that will provide woocommerce smart search filter.
And one of the best woocommerce filter plugin available is the WP fasest site search.