Read this blog on Woocommerce faceted search engine for more information.
Who doesn’t love instant, as-you-type suggestions? In 2020, customers simply expect smart product search. Baymard Institute’s latest UX research reveals that search autocomplete, auto-suggest, or instant search feature is now offered at 96% of major e-commerce sites. It’s a must-have feature for every online business that can’t afford to lose customers. Why? AJAX search helps users save time and makes shopping easier. As a result, it really boosts sales. Just as much, once the search is made, customers expect AJAX product filters that will help them narrow down the search results.
In any eCommerce website, there is no one tool that is more important than the search bar that helps in sales. The real truth is that many eCommerce websites have been trying to get the secret sauce that drives great search experiences on Google. But hardly a few eCommerce websites (including Amazon) have been able to get their search to Google’s level. Statistics have shown a high correlation between people who search and people who buy. This gives a great reason to optimize your eCommerce search engine. To be concise, the search bar is the eye of an eCommerce website.
Building a faceted search for Woocommerce is actually quite simple as there are numerous plugins that achieve it. But as I had mentioned in the beginning, just any search won’t do. It is important that the search bar that you use comes with all modern-day features such as auto-suggest, voice search, and more. Here I will suggest one such plugin.
Woocommerce Faceted Search Engine using ExpertRec’s WP plugin
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Enter your website URL and initiate a crawl.
- Wait till all site pages of your website have been crawled.
- Download and install the WP fastest site search plugin from here.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/Status and copy your site ID.
- Click on the site search icon in your WordPress admin panel. Copy-paste your API key from inside your WordPress admin panel
- This plugin adds a better performing search form to your website.
- Subscribe to a paid plan (9 USD per month).
- That’s it, you have added a search form to your Woocommerce site.