Most websites don’t feature an internal search engine. And when they do, it’s seldom up to the mark. With Google and Amazon setting standards in search, website owners cannot shy away from having a robust custom search engine on their website. Here we will answer the popular question: ‘how to use Google search engine on my website?’
There are two ways to add Google search to websites. We’ll take a look at them one by one.
Add ExpertRec Custom Search Engine to your website
- Navigate to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=cse and signup with your Google ID.
- Enter your website’s URL when prompted. You can select a server location near you and add the URL of your sitemap if you wish to. These will be auto-detected otherwise.
- You can play around with the settings and customize the UI as the crawl runs. Once it is complete, you can check out a fully functional demo before taking the search to your website.
- You can take the search to your website with little to no effort. All you need to do is to paste the code snippet available on the dashboard on your website.
ExpertRec comes with more customization options that you can explore. You can read this article to find a more detailed guide on the installation and configuration.
Add Google Custom Search to website
- Navigate to https://cse.google.co.in/cse/
- Click sign in to custom search engine
- Enter the URLs of the websites to search and click on ‘create’
- Then click on ‘receive code’
- Add this code to your website to make the search box appear.
You can read more about it in detail in this article.
Google CSE is not a recommended solution as it uses ads. It sometimes also displays competitor ads which are highly undesirable. Hopefully, this answers the question of ‘how to use Google search engine on my website?’