Read this blog on faceted search Woocommerce extension for more information.
How many products do you sell on your WooCommerce website?
If you can’t think of an exact number, it’s probably because there are too many for you to remember. And that’s great because consumers looking for a product of a particular size, brand, style or color, are going to shop at the store with the widest selection first.
However, having a large selection of products can be problematic if your customers can’t easily find what they are looking for on your site. Now, we need to bear in mind that search, sorting, and filtering are 3 different ways of helping your customers find the products that they are looking for – quickly and easily.
For example, if you’re searching for a new solid-state drive you might check options to specify the size you’re after, your price range, and whether shipping is available to your country. According to the design and development website A List Apart, faceted navigation is arguably the most significant search innovation of the past decade. For eCommerce websites, faceted search has become an essential feature and one that users have come to expect.
Below is an Ajax-based solution, so filtering happens quickly and without page refreshes. The plugin also uses an index for extra speed.
How to use ExpertRec’s Faceted search woocommerce extension
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Enter your website URL and initiate a crawl.
- Wait till all your site pages of your website have been crawled.
- Download and install the WP fastest site search widget from here.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/Status and copy your site ID.
- Click on the site search icon in your WordPress admin panel. Copy-paste your API key from inside your WordPress admin panel
- This widget adds a better performing search form to your website.
- Subscribe to a paid plan (9 USD per month).
- That’s it, you have added a search form to your Woocommerce site.