In this article, we will see how to backup your wordpress site to github for free using the wordpress github sync plugin.
You may also like- Search for WordPress sites.
You can easily take backups of your wordpress site to github. In case if you lose some of your wordpress content, you can easily get back your lost content using github wordpress backup.
- Go to https://github.com/ and create a Github account if you don’t have one.
- Sign in to your github account.
- Go to the + button icon on the top right and click on “new repository”
- Create a new respository-> name it as “wordpress” (or anything you want). Make sure initialize this repository with a README is enabled. Click on create repository.
- Now go to your wordpress control panel and go to Plugins-> Add New. Search for “github sync”. Install and activate “wordpress github sync”.
- Go to settings-> and click Github sync. Here enter the following details-
- Repository your github username/repository name (For example- muthali/wordpress)
- Create a personal oauth token- Click on the personal oauth token link given in the dashboard. Give token description as “wordpress sync” and scope as “public repo” and click generate token .
- Export to github– Now this will create a token for you. Copy paste this in your wordpress control panel and click on export to github. Now if you go to github profile-> repositories-> wordpress, you will find your wordpress site backup.
- Go to wordpress folder->
- Here you can see that all your posts have been backed up.
- How to restore- Go to settings-> github sync-> Import from Github
If you are reading this blog but you still do not have a search bar on your WordPress site you are missing out on a nifty feature. You have plugins for ajax search filter These types of search functionalities do not use your WordPress resources to power the search thus helping you to rank higher on Lightspeed. You can try the ajax product filter for WordPress. or the WordPress plugin ajax search form. You can read more on WordPress live search ajax. Try creating a WordPress search page based on Ajax.
If you know PHP you can try to customize plugins and see if it can work as per your need. For this, you need to have a PHP search bar in wordpress
Looking for WordPress search title and custom field. Adding a custom search bar in wordpress can also lead to other benefits like taking advantage of third-party plugins for analytics that take data from the search bar.. Its always advisable to add the WordPress plugin search bar in header.
You don’t want to miss this article on the best search bar plugin for WordPress