Read this blog on Wordpress search page ajax for more information.
AJAX is a very powerful and flexible tool that allows developers to create more streamlined applications. It can be used for a wide range of purposes such as loading content or verifying login credentials.
The main benefit of AJAX is that it is asynchronous, meaning the whole page doesn’t need to reload in order for it to receive new data.
WordPress is well-equipped for AJAX. It has a great mechanism for working with it, allowing you to implement AJAX functionality with little fuss.
AJAX is completely independent of frameworks such as WordPress. You could implement it any way you like. There is, however, built-in support in WordPress for an AJAX workflow.
There are a few plugins that will add Ajax search for you, but what if you wanted to integrate it into your theme yourself for more control over functionality and appearance? Let’s see what we can do.
How to add Wordpress Search Page AJAX
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.
This plugin will give you more control while adding an AJAX search page.