Read this blog on WordPress add a search box to the page for more information.
A search bar is very important for your website. Your website visitors can find whatever they need in a moment using it. Basically, a search box is the Google of your website that lets your users find important things quickly. This post is about the easiest ways to create a search bar in WordPress sites.
In most of the WordPress themes, a search panel is included by default. But if any theme doesn’t have it or you want to make your own custom search box, you can easily do that too. WordPress is well renowned for its customizability so there are different procedures to add a search bar to your website.
You can always go ahead and modify the source code to edit the search bar. But this is better left to advanced users who are confident of what they are doing. For the rest, there is an easy way to add a search bar to the WordPress search page.
Steps WordPress to Add Search Box
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!