WordPress has its own search bar under the widget option. And, numerous plugins help add a search bar in WordPress, or you can also develop it on your own. Here, we present you a step by step guide on how to create a search bar in WordPress in the header.
- Open the Admin Dashboard.
- Take the next navigation to Appearance, then click on the Widgets option. You will locate the widget Search at available widgets.
- Click on the ‘Search’ and then again click the Add Widget button. It is possible to drag the Widget space. Moreover, you can also add Search Title.
- It’s time to open your site and you will see the search button on the sidebar.
You can also Manually Add A Search Box, this feature is available for the advanced users. It requires technical knowledge, which offers a complete customisation along with the styling.
Making long stories short, we can say that WordPress is very easy to customise because it is highly user-friendly.
We hope the basic step will help you create a proper customised search bar.
An Easier Way to do add a WordPress search bar is by using WP fastest site search plugin by Expertrec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
For more on using search in WordPress check the video