Read WordPress search analytics using GA for more information.
WordPress search operators
As a WordPress user, you may already know that the default WordPress search matches selective words. With this, it also accepts particular search operators. You should also remember that you can choose between the two operators in search to improve the results. These operators are AND and OR.
With the operators, you can easily search for the best-ranking page. However, when talking about the search option of WordPress, WordPress will give you only one-field form.
Among the WordPress search operators, the default search operator of WordPress uses the AND operator. The work of the AND operator is to inform the database that all the search terms are present in the obtained results.
On the other hand, the OR operator tells the database that anyone or the number of search terms are present in the search results.
In brief, the OR operator makes the search results wider, while the AND operator narrows down the search results.
Many users have found this thing user-friendly as compared to the words ‘Nothing Found’’.
Click here to know more:
For all your search needs, alternatively, you can use WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin by Expertrec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search results page.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, you can add the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code and add it to your wordpress PHP code. Please note that you have to add separately the code <ci-search></ci-search> to a place where you want the search box to appear ( Tip!- Contact our support team to get this done). There might be a one-time fee for integration.
WordPress search bar plugin helps you to search within page. WordPress custom search form will enable one to search by custom fields. Having a search that does not ping or request from your web server for every query is very quick and less resource-hogging. This is achieved by Ajax search in WordPress.WordPress advanced search Filter provides multiple search functionalities like category search, price filter, facets etc. WordPress search within page can be easily achieved with various plugins. More help can be found on search results page template.