The default search icon is pretty boring and you might want to change it to suit your Shopify theme. Remember you will need an SVG icon of your choice to replace shopify’s search icon.
Here is the default search icon in Shopify.
Here are steps to change the default Shopify icon-
- Download a search SVG icon. (you can download from Freepik)
- Open the SVG in chrome.
- Right click on the SVG and click on view page source.
- Copy this code.
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Navigate to Online store-> Themes-> click on edit code.
- Go to Snippets-> click on icon-search.liquid.
- Delete the contents of this file.
- Paste the copied code in step 4 to this file.
- Click on save.
- Now your Shopify search icon must have changed.