The search bar is one of the most important A snippet to include a search bar anywhere in your theme. Without a search bar, any visitor who could have been a potential customer will be calculated in the bounce rate users. Well, if there is a proper search bar for your listed products to be searched, instead of simple horizontal or vertical categories, a header search bar looks promising.
Let’s look at the steps to create the shopify search bar in header.
- Open Shopify admin and go to the ‘Themes’ page in the panel, edit as HTML.
- Easily copy the code of the HTML and paste to the template theme.liquid
- Always remember to Ctrl+S to save the created theme or changes that you have added in the newly created HTML code. You can also see on the screenshot, there is a search code that goes to the Shopify Store header to create shopify search bar in Header.
- It’s time to go to the front end of the store to check whether the search box is available or not. Shopify has the search bar on the top!
For more information on shopify search bar in header, check
In this article, we will see how to create a shopify search bar to your website’s header.
Search bar using code
- Create your Shopify search bar from here.
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Click-> Online store->Themes-> Edit code
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code to copy-paste your search bar code.
- Choose theme.liquid.
- Add the following code just below the head section.
- This will add a search bar to your Shopify website.
Search bar in header using Shopify App
You can also add a shopify search bar app using expertrec;s shopify search app. Install the app from here.