The Shopify search bar in the Header is one of the most important features. The search bar allows people to search for products within your shopify store and it helps in better product discovery and sales.
Without a search bar, any visitor who could have been a potential customer will be calculated in the bounce rate users. Well, if there is a proper search bar for your listed products to be searched, instead of simple horizontal or vertical categories, a header search bar looks promising.
Let’s look at the different methods to create your Shopify search bar.
Using Shopify smart search bar shopify app
Search bar using custom search code – Expertrec
The above method will automatically add ExpertRec’s search functionality to your Shopify search bar. No extra steps are required.
If you wish to add ExpertRec’s search bar instead of using the Shopify-provided search bar
- Install the Expert Smart Search Bar app.
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel, go on Apps, and click on the app.
- This will open the app control panel. Navigate to the Install settings section.
- Navigate to the CSS Selector tab and add the CSS selector of the HTML element, where you want to add the search bar, and click on Update.
5. This will add a search bar to your Shopify store.