A search feature is one of the most important, especially for Shopify. A Shopify search bar can include snippets to include a search bar anywhere in your theme. Without a search bar, any visitor who could have been a potential customer will be calculated in the bounce rate users. Well, if there is a proper search bar for your listed products to be searched, instead of simple horizontal or vertical categories, a header search bar looks promising.
How To Add A Shopify Search Bar
Let’s look at the steps to create the search bar in Shopify.
Method 1- Using Expertrec’s Shopify search App.
1. Install Expertrec’s Shopify search extension from here.
2. Once you install the extension, you will be directed to your control panel where you will have to enable your search engine by toggling on the enabled search extension.
3. Once the app is installed, you will be able to see the facets and filters on the search results pages.
Method 2- Using expertrec’s Shopify search website
- Open Shopify admin and go to the ‘Themes’ page in the panel, edit as HTML.
- Easily copy the code of the HTML and paste it to the template theme.liquid
- Always remember to use Ctrl+S to save the created theme or changes that you have added in the newly created HTML code. You can also see on the screenshot, there is a search code that goes to the Shopify Store header.
- It’s time to go to the front end of the store to check whether the search box is available or not. Shopify has the search bar on the top!
For more information on creating a search feature in Shopify, check