Read this blog on Shopify product search box for more information.
Visitors who make searches convert significantly more than those who don’t. But most of them leave your site without converting, because:
- They don’t know what they want to search for.
- They don’t find what they search for (e.g. they typed “iPhone” instead of “iPhone”).
- They expect fast and mobile-friendly search experiences, but most stores don’t provide that.
This is your opportunity to increase purchase conversions from searches. That’s why big players like Amazon spent a fortune to create their search engines.
Search is a key part of any Shopify store and it plays a key role in helping customers find the products they need — and now storefronts using the Shopify theme Turbo can add a search block to their homepage, to draw even more attention to this valuable feature.
Steps to add a Shopify Product Search Box App
There are tons of product search apps for Shopify. But for getting the best conversion rates, it is recommended that you use the following app. This will let you add a powerful and fully customizable search engine to your website. You can control options such as the ranking criteria, search UI, and more without coding. You can also choose to filter out products selectively from the search results.
Using Expertrec’s Search Bar Shopify App
- Install Expertrec’s Shopify product search app from here.
- Once you install the extension, you will be directed to your control panel where you will have to enable your search engine by toggling on the enabled search extension.
- Once the app is installed, you will be able to see the facets and filters on the search results pages.
There are not a lot of good apps that provide a live search facility for Shopify. This one, in particular, is optimized for mobile devices with a responsive UI and added perks like voice search.