Here are steps to add a search box manually in wordpress header.
- Go to Appearence->editor
- Add the following code to the header.php file.
1<?php get_search_form(); ?>
- This will bring in searchform.php if it is present in your theme.
- You can further customize your search box by creating your wordpress custom search from here.
- Download and Install expertrec’s wordpress search plugin from here which will further modify your wordpress search form.
- Copy paste your api key from your expertrec’s control panel.
- Your new search engine will look something similar to this.