Read wp rest API v2 search for more information.
The WordPress REST API is an application program interface that helps developers to easily connect WordPress with other websites and apps. The interface makes the developers able to interact with other sites remotely simply by sending and receiving JSON queries.
Why use the WP REST API V2?
The WordPress REST API also facilitates the creation of Single Page Applications on top of WP. Users can create a plugin to give entirely new admin experiences for WP. They can also build a completely new interactive front-end interface.
Key Concepts of WP Rest API V2
To get started with using the WP REST API we must know some of the key concepts such as routes or endpoints, requests, responses, schema, and controller classes, etc.
Using the WP Rest API V2
With the help of WP Rest API V2, users can:
- Can retrieve data directly by carrying out various GET requests.
- Can view various types of data, such as posts and pages.
- Can use WP Rest API V2 Search to search for subsets of the data that meet specific criteria.
For all your search needs, alternatively, you can use WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin by Expertrec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 15 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search results page.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, you can add the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code and add it to your WordPress PHP code. Please note that you have to add separately the code <ci-search></ci-search> to a place where you want the search box to appear ( Tip!- Contact our support team to get this done). There might be a one-time fee for integration.
Add great search to your wordpress site at 9 USD per month