Read this blog on WordPress search users by custom field for more information.
We can use WordPress back-end user list to manage the users on the website. Users get built-in custom profile fields such as first name, last name, website, description etc.
WordPress built-in profile fields allow you to capture basic details about a user. Most of the WordPress sites are used for blogs and hence those built-in fields are enough to capture author details. However, we need custom profile fields in many other types of sites built with WordPress.
Before searching for custom fields, we need to identify how custom fields are stored in the database. Most plugins use the wp_usermeta table to store the data of users’ custom profile fields. However, there can be plugins that use its own custom tables to store users’ custom profile fields.
You can now WordPress search users by custom fields using the following method:
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- You have the option to control search ranking criteria inside the dashboard. Use it and check the demo to customize the ranking to your liking.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!