Read this blog on Wordpress search results blank page for more information.
If you are an avid WordPress user, chances are you have encountered the WordPress blank page error at least once, which is commonly known as WordPress white screen of death in the WordPress community.
The WordPress white screen of death is one of the most common WordPress site errors you’ll experience as a WordPress user. When this happens, it simply produces a WordPress blank page when you visit your website, which makes it difficult to understand what is causing the error.
Some of the possible reasons for the blank white screen are listed below:
- Hosting issues
- Plugin issues
- Activating a faulty plugin
- Modifying an active plugin
- Theme- plugin conflict
- Theme issues
- Modifying the theme functions.php file
- Outdated codes
- Exceeding the memory limit
- Corrupt core files
- PHP configuration issues
Since the source of the error could be any of the above, this becomes a hard error to debug and fix. However, if you are only experiencing a blank search results page, then it becomes an easy fix.
To fix the Wordpress Search Results Blank Page, follow the steps below.
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.