Read this blog on WordPress search plugin free for more information.
There are a lot of plugins that include some sort of drop-down for search. Some of these plugins only have a handful of options to choose from, so leaving them as a pull-down menu is probably fine. Other plugins can potentially have a lot of options (think of a list of site users, posts, or some other unknown variable). Those menus can be very difficult for a user to scroll through. Some of them are free and others take are paid. Here we’ll see a one WordPress search plugin with a free trial.
An easy way to do add a WordPress search box is by using WP fastest site search plugin by Expertrec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!