Let’s face it- the default WordPress search is not great. If your wordpress search is not working it could manifest in one of the following ways-
- The wordpress search box is not displaying on your site.
- The wordpress search box is not returning results.
- WordPress search results page is not loading after the user entered a search query.
- WordPress search is not returning certain posts in search results.
Also, read- Best search for sites running on WordPress.
In this article, we will discuss on how to fix this issue without writing any code.
Here are easy steps to fix your WordPress search not working issue-
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- Wait for crawl of your WordPress site to complete.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan from here. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it ! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running! Here are snapshots of the search form and the search results pages.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search autocomplete.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search results page.
- Snapshot of your WordPress search spelling error tolerance feature.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, you can add the code from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/code and add it to your wordpress PHP code. Please note that you have to add separately the code <ci-search></ci-search> to a place where you want the search box to appear ( Tip!- Contact our support team to get this done). There might be a one time fee for integration.