Read this blog on WordPress limit search results to category for more information.
We all know the default WordPress search function isn’t very great or at least not as good as Google 🙂 , but there are a few tricks out there to help improve the search results. This post will show you different methods of limiting your search results to specific post types or categories.
How to Add WordPress Search Keyword Highlight Plugin
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- You can set up filters in the Expertrec dashboard via URL patterns and limit the search to only category pages.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!