Read this blog on WordPress full page search overlay for more information.
A full-screen search overlay is a good way to focus the user on specific content. Essentially, users will see a single page centered around the search field and is often considered aesthetically pleasing.
While it may not improve the website’s ability to actually conduct searches for content, it does provide a nice look and feel to how the website behaves. It may be an excellent method to separate your site from the countless others on the Internet. However, the plugin that is suggested in this post will not only give the search overlay but also will improve the search performance considerably.
How to add WordPress Full Page Search Overlay
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.