Read this blog on smart search WordPress plugin for more information.
Did you know that the default WordPress search engine isn’t really that efficient (and awesome) as the rest of WordPress? Although the search is available as a function in WordPress, it does not search custom post types and taxonomies. This means that if you have a custom post type as “Book” for a book review website, then the default search isn’t going to look there. Thankfully there are a host of awesome plugins that help you implement a powerful search solution in your WordPress site, with varying degrees of specificity. For example, some plugins help you to select search categories, whereas advanced ones enable you to search for content inside PDF files!
Smart Search is an Instant Ajax WooCommerce search plugin that lets your customers search for any product on your website. Simply enter a relevant keyword, and the plugin will browse all WooCommerce categories one at a time. It is fast and easy to use the plugin for WordPress websites with a huge amount of items. The plugin could be easily integrated into the default WordPress Search widget in one click. You can manage a lot of settings provided by the plugin to customize its appearance by selecting what fields to display and changing styling options. The main purpose of a smart plugin is to improve the user search experience for any WordPress based website.
How to add the Smart Search WordPress Plugin from ExpertRec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.