In this article, we will see how to use expertrec’s custom search WordPress plugin.
What does expertrec’s custom search WordPress plugin do?
- Add autocomplete
- Add spell correct
- Add PDF search
- Add image search
- Add pagination to WordPress
- Add custom search results page to WordPress
- Add filters and facets to WordPress
- Give you options to change the search ranking algorithm of your WordPress site.
The plugin works with your theme pages as well. If your theme pages have a search box it will be replaced by our advance search. You can also customize the look and feel of your search to match the theme in our Dashboard. By any chance, a search box is not showing on the pages then you can add Search Widget on your page. You can read more about WordPress Widget.
In this post, we will see how to use expertrec’s custom search form WordPress plugin to add a custom search engine to your WordPress site.
Here are steps to use and install expertrec’s WordPress custom search WordPress plugin.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- Install expertrec’s plugin from here- https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fastest-site-search/
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Login with your Gmail id.
- Enter your website URL.
- Enter your sitemap URL (if you don’t have one, create a sitemap using the Yoast plugin -it is really easy!).
- Choose your nearest data center.
- Wait for expertrec to crawl and index your website.
- Check out your demo.
- Copy your site API key and past it into your ExpertRec plugin (in your WordPress admin panel)
- Now the custom search form must have been added to your website.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, go to the code section inside your WordPress admin panel and add it to your WordPress PHP code. You could also email the code to your WordPress developer to get this added to your site.
- You can edit the look and feel of your WordPress search by going to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/looknfeel/inputbox and change the attributes without the need for coding.
- You can choose the crawl frequency of your WordPress search- by going to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/crawloptions/reCrawlSchedule ( you can choose-weekly, monthly, yearly)
- Search ranking can be edited at https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/searchconfig/weights
ExpertRec helps create beautiful search experiences for WordPress sites. To take our search engine live, you can follow the instructions in this article How to install expertrec’s WordPress search plugin
Advantages of the Plugin
- Low priced.
- Since the search is a hosted search version, it doesn’t put any extra load on your WordPress site.
- Detailed search analytics.
- Voice search.
- Super fast search results.
- Zero Downtime.