Shopify is an eCommerce plugin that is widely used with WordPress in order to set up an online store. When we are talking about online stores, searching for the desired product plays an important role in making a sale. There are multiple types of search available, but the one we are interested in is the faceted search which allows you to search for products based on the specified category, tag, or any posts.
With the help of this plugin, you will be able to perform the most advanced search operations like filtering based on the brand, product type, price, category, etc. with ease. You will have a plethora of options to provide to your users using this plugin and it is cost-effective as well. You can also implement its smart auto-suggestion option which will provide real-time suggestions for the user to select from while searching.
In this article, we will see how to create Shopify faceted search filters. Faceted search filters let users drill down and find the right product.
Steps to create Shopify faceted search filters.
Method 1- Using Expertrec’s Shopify search App.
- Install Expertrec’s Shopify search extension from here.
- Once you install the extension, you will be directed to your control panel where you will have to enable your search engine by toggling on the enabled search extension.
- Once the app is installed, you will be able to see the facets and filters on the search results pages.
Method 2- Using expertrec’s Shopify search website
- Login to your Shopify store.
- Go to https://www.expertrec.com/shopify/
- Enter your Shopify store URL.
- Click on install.
- Click on install the unlisted app.
- Now check your Shopify store search.
- The Shopify autocomplete bar will now get installed on your shopify store.
- The Shopify search results page will look like this.
- The facets will be present on the left-hand side of the search results pages.
Here are more details about Faceted Search using BigCommerce