Read make pdf searchable bluebeam for more information.
Any pdf file is a scanned document format widely used as layout that doesn’t get changed. A pdf is just like an image that captures the content of a printed document and saves it as an electronic image. It allows users to view, print and navigate through the document but prevents them from editing it.
As a pdf is the scanned image format of a document, one cannot select or search through it. In order to make a document selectable and searchable, the following steps may be followed. Also, to accomplish the task or make pdf searchable Bluebeam software is used. Bluebeam technology comes with three exclusive options i.e., Document, Markup and Measure.
To make the document searchable follow the steps below:
- Select the ‘file’ option and browse the document that needs to be edited.
- Once the file is opened, go to DOCUMENT option and select the sub-option OCR (optical character recognition).
- A configuration setting box will appear. Here you can set up the configuration according to your requirements and also add files for further use.
- Click OK.
- OCR module analyzes and adds an invisible layer of the pdf file so that you can perform the tasks.
- Once the job is done you are good to go with the selection tool (SHIFT+T) along with other associated tools.