In this blog, we will see how to use expertrec to index PDFs for faster searching. Using expertrec, you can create a PDF search engine that indexes content inside your website’s PDFs and shows the PDFs in your website’s/blog search results.
Here are the steps to index PDFs faster-
- Create a PDF sitemap that lists all your website PDFs in a single page.
- Go to PDF indexer.
- Enter your website URL.
- Enter your PDF sitemap URL.
- Wait for the crawl to complete.
- Go to the code section and copy-paste the code to your website.
- In your control panel enable PDF search – Go to crawl ->what to crawl-> file types-> Toggle PDF search to yes-> save changes.
That’s it! you have created your PDF search engine
Go to your demo link and check out how it performs. Here is a sample PDF search engine at work on one of our customer’s websites.