The default color of the default Shopify search bar is set to transparent. You might want to change the color properties of the Shopify search bar and this tutorial will help in doing the same.
Edit code to change the background color of Shopify search bar
- Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
- Go to online store->settings->themes->actions->edit code.
- Go to assets-> Open the theme.scss.liquid file.
- In the code file of theme.scss.liquid, search for “search-bar__input” around line 4557.
- Change background-color:transparent; to background-color:violet; (you can use any other color you want).
- Now the background color of your search bar must have changed to your desired color.
Add great search to your Shopify store
If you are looking for a simple drag and drop color editor for your Shopify search, you can sign up for Expertrec’s Shopify custom search engine from here for as low as 9 USD per month.
This app will let you customize the search bar and search results page from the dashboard.