Now that you have published your Shopify store, you might be optimizing certain other features of your store such as the search engine of your Shopify store. A good search app is essential to selling more on your Shopify store. In this article, we will see how to build your own Shopify search app using expertrec and add it to your Shopify store.
Around 25% of your site visitors use your internal Shopify site search. Also, you can expect around 40% of your site’s revenue to come from people who search for products on your website.
Here is a statistic that illustrates how important a good search app is for your shopify store’s revenue. It shows the percentage of site users using search and the percentage of site revenue from users who search. As you can see as the percentage of searches increases, the percentage of revenue also increases.
What are the features to look for in your Shopify search app?
- Typo or spelling mistake tolerance.
- Product facets and filters.
- Real-time products update to be reflected in search.
- Search results page.
- Search analytics.
What are the steps to create your Shopify search app?
- Go to expertrec’s search app page. (expertrec’s shopify search app is free for stores with upto 25 products)
- Enter your Shopify site’s sitemap URL. (this ensures a faster and accurate crawl).
- Wait for expertrec to crawl your Shopify site.
- Check out your search demo.
- You can customize the look and feel of your search app from UI customization-> Look and feel.
- Now go to Install-> code and copy paste the code to your Shopify site’s theme.liquid file. (detailed instructions here)
- Here is a snapshot of how your Shopify search app will look like.
- To measure top searched queries, go to Analytics and connect your google analytics to expertrec. Within a couple of days, your site search metrics must be populated within your expertrec control panel analytics tab.