Google image search API was deprecated as of May 26, 2011. What are the options and alternatives?
Read also: how to create a search for sites
Option 1- Google custom search image API-
- Create a custom search engine.
- Enable search the entire web.
- Enable Image search.
- Now enable the JSON API . This article explains in depth how to create a Google custom search API.
- Once you have read this article, you will understand that the search engine api calls are of the format
- When you have a look at the api results, you will be able to get the image search results. Take these results and display them in your search engine page.
Option 2– Bing image search API-
Bing image search API can be used to get image search results from the web. Here is the format of the bing image search API.
Option 3- Expertrec custom search engine (No ads)
- If you are looking for a simpler way to integrate ( no coding needed and no knowledge of API needed), you could opt for expertrec’s custom search engine.
- Create a google custom search engine.
- Sign up at https://cse.expertrec.com/?platform=adfree and copy paste your google custom search cx id into your expertrec control panel.
- This mode of integration costs 65 USD per month.