Read this blog on the advanced search form in Wordpress for more information.
Have you ever worked on a WordPress site that has a lot of custom post types? Well, as-is WordPress search is a disaster which is why many bloggers use Google custom search. But if you are working on a site that has a good amount of resource articles, videos, books, and blog posts, using the default WordPress search just will not cut it. Using Google Search also is not a viable option. Therefore, you need to create an advanced search form that lets the user pick which area of the site they want to search by limiting custom post types.
Steps to add Advanced Search Form in Wordpress
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.