Read this blog on advanced search form in WordPress for more information.
Have you ever worked on a WordPress site that has a lot of custom post types? Well, as-is WordPress search is a disaster which is why many bloggers use Google custom search. But if you are working on a site that has a good amount of resource articles, videos, books, and blog posts, using the default WordPress search just will not cut it. Using Google Search also is not a viable option. Therefore, you need to create an advanced search form that lets the user pick which area of the site they want to search by limiting custom post types.
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.