Read this blog on Wordpress search widget change placeholderfor more information. By default, if you are going to change the text of your search form in WordPress, we would recommend using a search plugin such as WP fastest site search. However, if you want more control or rather use code you can hook into the theme’s various filters to alter the search form placeholder in various parts of the theme.
Wordpress Search Widget Change Placeholder: Easy method
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- You have the option to change the placeholder text and make other UI changes in the control panel
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!