Read this blog on WordPress search very slow for more information.
Google does not use PHP to build its search. PHP though a great language has its own limitations. For a faster search, you got to go native hosted solutions. It will cost you a little money, but your users would thank you for that. Fix your speed now.
Another way to fix WordPress search very slow issue is by using an AJAX search plugin.
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- You have the option to control search results order inside the dashboard. Use it and check the demo to customize the ranking to your liking.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!