Read this blog on WordPress search in custom fields for more information.
With this, you can give your readers the ability to search and filter your posts/catalog to quickly find the information they need. Any custom fields you have added to your posts can be made searchable as well as the core post fields like title, author, categories, etc. Configurable input widgets allow you to customize the form further to build exactly the search you need for your site.
You can configure a number of inputs of different types, to search different fields of your posts in different ways. These will then be presented to your users as a simple form interface allowing them to find the content they need
Everything works automatically, no need to add any additional code. The plugin does not create a search results page but modifies the SQL database query to make your search engine work better. Additionally, you can search for whole phrases instead of every single word or phrase. As a result, the search will be more accurate than before.
How to add WordPress search in custom fields plugin from ExpertRec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.