Read this blog on Woocommerce Ajax product filter without a plugin for more information.
If your WooCommerce store has many products, online customers might get easily lost. There might be way too many pages to visit (“product pagination”) before finding the product they’re looking for. Needless to say, this is a huge loss for your business. Possibly, they’ll never come back.
If you shop on popular eCommerce websites such as Amazon and eBay, you know they carry a billion products each or so. Thankfully, on top of the very useful search bar, these websites provide “product filters” in the sidebar. You can refine by price, reviews, tag, category, and so on; the website won’t “refresh” but instead it will return the filtered results immediately on that same page.
These are called “Ajax Product Filters” (Ajax is a set of applications that run in the background without forcing a website page refresh). And as Amazon and eBay just proved to you, these filters are absolutely a must if you have 100+ WooCommerce products.
The easiest way to add it is by using a plugin, but if you want a non-plugin method then follow the steps below.
How to Add Woocommerce AJAX Product Filter Without Plugin
Here we will visit the steps required to add the ExpertRec Custom search engine to your website. This is one of the easiest setup processes of all the available options out there and is highly recommended. It will add AJAX product filters along with the search results.
- Navigate to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=cse and signup with your Google ID.
- Enter your website’s URL when prompted. You can select a server location near you and add the URL of your sitemap if you wish to. These will be auto-detected otherwise.
- You can play around with the settings and customize the UI as the crawl runs. Once it is complete, you can check out a fully functional demo before taking the search to your website.
- You can take the search to your website with little to no effort. All you need to do is to paste the code snippet available on the dashboard on your website.
ExpertRec comes with more customization options that you can explore. You can read this article to find a more detailed guide on the installation and configuration.
How to enable WooCommerce AJAX filter without plugin?
Online shoppers may become quickly disoriented if your WooCommerce store has a large selection of items. Before locating the thing they’re seeking, there may be far too many pages to browse through (referred to as “product pagination”). This is, definitely, a significant loss for your company. Perhaps they won’t return at all. One of the most straightforward setup procedures of all the alternatives available is to set up the WooCommerce AJAX filter without the filter, which is highly advised. Along with the results pages and AJAX product filters will be added.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=cse for further information and create a Google ID account.
- When asked, enter the URL of your website. If you like, you may add the URL of your sitemap and choose a server location close to you. If not, these will be automatically discovered.
- As the crawl progresses, you may fiddle with the settings and personalize the user interface. Before sending the searchers to your website, you may view a fully working demo once it is finished.
- You may easily direct search traffic to your website. Paste the code snippet from the dashboard onto your website to get started.
- How to create any WooCommerce AJAX product filters?
A typical WooCommerce business may provide hundreds of different products and inventory items. For customers to locate at least one (or more) products of interest and complete the purchase, as the business owner may feel that you need to provide the most to the public. Consider it from the visitor’s point of view, though: who has time to sift through the long lists to discover the item they’re searching for. Many customers find that switching to another business account is quicker than shifting through an unending number of product options.
- Install the plugin for WooCommerce Product Filters.
- How to Use the Product Filter Plugin.
- Make use of the WooCommerce Product Filter Plugin.
- New Product Filter Creation.
- Filter Sidebar Display Widget.
- Replace the Plugin.
- How to add a product filter to WooCommerce in WordPress?
Customers of your shop may use the premium plugin “Product Filters for WooCommerce” to filter goods by categories, characteristics, tags, taxonomies, price, and stock status. This is a simple part and you are doing it now if you use WordPress. Here are some instructions if you’re not so experienced
- Ensure that the WooCommerce plugin is enabled and installed. You can refer to our article on how to set up and set up a WooCommerce store for information on installing WooCommerce.
- Open your WordPress dashboard and log in.
- Explore Plugins Search “Themify – WooCommerce Product Filter” in Add New.
- Select “Install Now” from the menu.
- To start, pick “Activate Plugin” after a successful setup.
- How do I add a product category filter in WooCommerce?
- In the WordPress panel, choose Products Filters.
- Open the pre-existing filter group or start a new one.
- Click the “Add new filter” button on the “Edit filter group” page.
- To add a new filter, fill in the required fields.
How to Filter Products by Category in Woocommerce?
To filter products on WooCommerce by product categories, you can follow these steps :
- Install the Woocommerce Product Filter Plugin and Activate it: You need to open the product filter plugin and use the setup for the license key to activate and you need to select other options to configure the filters you want.
- Create Filters and Group Filters: It is easy to create a product category filter with a plugin. You need to follow these steps-
- Go to products and select filters from the WordPress panel.
- You can make a new filter or choose the default one.
- Once you’ve chosen, you can select “Add new filter” on the “Edit filter group” page.
- Enter the necessary details to add the new filter.
- You need to set the filter option to “Categories” to make the product category filter.
- You can choose the style of the category filter on WooCommerce, that is if you want drop-down menus, product-specific images, and so on.
- You need to repeat the same step to make more filters.
3. Add the Filters to Your Shop Page: You can easily configure the setting of the filter plugin to enable the product filter on the shop page.
What do Woocommerce Product Filters do?
When your WooCommerce store keeps growing, the items available will also keep increasing making it hard to keep track of the customers. They might not find the exact product they are looking for and it can be a tiring process to go through the product page to find what they need. This is exactly why you need WooCommerce product filters. If you add filtering options, based on various products, the customers will find it easier to search for the items they need. The main function of the product filters is to categorize the products available into different sections. Your customers will be able to search by size, color, or other details.
Why Use Woocommerce Product Filters?
Customer experience is very important for any eCommerce store. It is necessary to provide a good experience to the buyers to increase the conversion rate. To develop your store, you can add filtering features. This will help your customers to navigate through the website easily in accordance with their preferences. Your users may have a preference for a particular color, or they want to look for size instead of looking through the whole catalog. This will help increase sales, and customers will come back for additional purchases.
How do I Add filters to WordPress?
To add filters to WordPress you need to follow two steps :
Filter hook in WordPress allows the plugins to make various modifications to the internal data. Data can be modified by a plugin by binding the filter hook and a callback. When you apply the filter later, the bound callbacks will run based on priority and the chance to alter the value and give back a new value.
You will make use of the “add filter” function, passing a minimum of two parameters:
- string $hook_name
- callable $callback
Which is the best wocommerce auto-suggest search plugin?
Here are a few well-liked WooCommerce auto-suggest search plugins to take into account:
- Using a live ajax search, the SearchWP Live Ajax Search plugin offers quick and precise search results.
- Ajax Search for WooCommerce: This plugin adds an AJAX-powered search bar that displays immediate product suggestions and makes it simple for customers to locate products on your WooCommerce website.
- YITH WooCommerce Ajax Search: This plugin adds a robust search bar with live search suggestions and product previews to your WooCommerce website.
- The WooCommerce Predictive Search plugin shows clients fast search results and suggestions as they input, giving them an intuitive search experience.
- WooCommerce Product Search: With an emphasis on efficiency and precision, this plugin provides a strong search solution for your WooCommerce store.
How to use ajax pagination with search and filter in wordpress?
WordPress AJAX pagination with filtering and search demands some technical know-how and coding abilities. The general procedures for integrating AJAX pagination with search and filter in WordPress are as follows:
- Make a search form: Using HTML, make a search form and add the proper input fields and filters to it. To build custom fields and taxonomies, you can use plugins like Advanced Custom Fields or Custom Post Type UI.
- Build a custom query: To change the default query and add custom parameters based on the search query and filter inputs, use WordPress’ pre get posts to hook. The WP Query class can be used to create unique queries.
- Build a pagination function using PHP: To handle the AJAX request and retrieve the subsequent set of search results, create a pagination function.
- Connect to the AJAX system in WordPress: When handling an AJAX request in WordPress, use the wp ajax_ and wp ajax nopriv_ hooks to deliver the search results as a JSON object.
- Show the search results: Create a custom template file and use HTML and PHP to display the search results. The pagination links and search results can be styled using CSS.