Magento 2 search not returning results
Follow these steps to solve your Magento search not returning results issue. You could also have a look at our section on best search for Magento 2 sites.
- Change search type – Go to your Magento admin panel, System>> configuration >>catalog>>catalog>>catalog search . In search type choose “Full text”.
- Clear Magento Cache– Go to System>>Cache management>>Clear Cache
- Reindex Magento data- Go to System>>Index management>>Reindex Data
- Check the product for search visibility– Sometimes the product visibility might not be set to catalog search, due to which in search results it might not be Go to Catalog>>Manage products>> (choose a product )>>Visibility>> choose (catalog,search)
- On the same page, go to “category” tab and make sure the product is attached to a category.
- Check if inventory is greater than zero: Go to the inventory tab and make sure inventory (QTY)is greater than zero.
- Try external search extensions: If all these do not work, you could try our Magento search extension which will solve this issue. Install the extension from this link- expertrec search extension
- Check for conflicting Magento extensions: Sometimes external Magento extension could cause this issue. So you could try uninstalling certain extensions and check if your Magento search is showing results as expected. You could uninstall Magento extensions by going to Magento admin panel->System->Magento connect manager->uninstall extensions
- Check for any recent changes or upgrades– Sometimes Magento search might not work after an upgrade. So if you have code access, you could do a diff and check for any changes and revert back to the old Magento version or state. You could use a tool like git or http://meldmerge.org/
How to solve “Magento search not returning results”
- Change search type to Full text.
- Clear Magento cache.
- Reindex data.
- Check the product for search visibility.
- Make sure product is attached to a category.
- Check if inventory is greater than zero.
- Use external search extensions.
- Uninstall conflicting Magento extensions.
- Check for recent changes, Magento upgrades.
visit Expertrec to find out how you could boost site sales using machine learning.