The default Magento search engine is not that great. A custom search engine can help you surface the right products to your customers in your Magento store. It also helps in reducing the time for product discovery.
In this article, we will see how to create a Magento custom search engine for a Magento store (cosjj.com) using expertrec, google custom search, and duckduckgo custom search.
Using expertrec to build a Magento custom search engine- Price ( 9 USD per month+) No ads
Here are the steps-
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com?platform=cse
- Sign in with your Gmail id.
- Enter the website URL of your Magento site and choose your nearest server location.
- By now crawl should have started for your site. Get the code and add it to your Magento site. Get your developer help if needed.
- Replace your Magento search box form with expertrec search boc–The template for Magento search box can be found at app/design/frontend/base/default/template/catalogsearch/form.mini.phtml. We will customize this so it will call expertrec search results when a search query is entered. Replace the following code with the code you copied from expertrec’s control panel. Replace
- That’s it, you have added custom search to your magento site. You can monitor crawl status and edit look and feel of the search UI in your control panel.
Here is a screenshot of the search autocomplete UI.
And the search results page-
Create your own Magento custom search engine at https://cse.expertrec.com?platform=cse