In this post, we will see how to use expertrec’s custom search form WordPress plugin to add a custom search form to your WordPress site.
Here are steps to use and install expertrec’s wordpress custom search form plugin.
- Login to your wordpress admin panel.
- Install expertrec’s plugin from here- https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fastest-site-search/
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Login with your Gmail id.
- Enter your website URL.
- Enter your sitemap URL (if you don’t have one, create a sitemap using the Yoast plugin -it is really easy!).
- Choose your nearest data center.
- Wait for expertrec to crawl and index your website.
- Check out your demo.
- Copy your site API key and past it into your expertrec plugin (in your wordpress admin panel)
- Now the custom search form must have been added to your website.
- If the plugin method didn’t work, go to the code section inside your wordpress admin panel and add it to your wordpress PHP code. You could also email the code to your wordpress developer to get this added to your site.
- You can edit the look and feel of your wordpress search form by going to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/looknfeel/inputbox and change the attributes without the need for coding.