Instant search is the need of the hour. Well, googling stuff is no less than a smart skill. But do you want your customer to get their desired products almost instantly? The easy way is Expertrec smart search bar. If you finding a good live search Shopify app that can take your store performance to next level, then it is definitely the Expertrec smart search bar. Let’s dive right in to explore further.
Best live search Shopify App
There are numerous Shopify apps. But, you should always make an informed decision. That’s why here’s everything why the Expertrec smart search bar will be the best choice for your store. Before it, let’s install the app for free and see the result. Follow these steps to get the Expertrec live search Shopify app.
Expertrec smart search bar
It is the easiest way to get Expertrec live search Shopify app because all you need is just to install the Expertrec Smart Search Bar.
Here is the three-step installation process:
- Click on Expertrec Smart Search Bar (or type it in the Shopify app store since it is already listed there).
- Add app -> Install now -> Start free trial.
- That’s all. You have successfully installed Expertrec smart search bar with unlimited AJAX searches. The best part is that you also get voice search, facets, filters, and numerous other benefits along with Shopify search analytics.
Expertrec Custom Search Engine
You can also get it by copying code from the Expertrec dashboard. While installing the app is the easiest way, this is an alternate way with the exact destination. This time, you will need to copy the Expertrec code from the dashboard and paste it into the Shopify theme.liquid file.
Here’s the installation process:
1. Click on Expertrec Custom Search Engine.
2. Log in with your Google account and enter your Shopify store URL.
3. Click on Next and you’ll be able to access the Expertrec dashboard. From here, click on Install -> Code and copy the code and HTML tag.
<!-- Shopify search analytics - Expertrec(HTML tag - body)--> <ci-search></ci-search>
You will get your API key once you log in to the Expertrec dashboard.
4. Now, log in to your Shopify admin panel and click on Online Store -> Themes -> Edit code. Click on theme.liquid.
5. Paste the code in the <head> section and HTML tag in the <body> section just between the two <div>. And, save the code.
Congrats, you have got the best live search Shopify app in less than 5 minutes. Using Expertrec Custom Search Engine, you are offered a 14-day free trial. And, what’s better than getting a free trial to understand the benefits. Right?
Why Live Search Shopify App?
Time is money. Scrolling works only for Short clips that aim to engage the users in a loop. It does help those platforms but in the real world, most of us are running out of time. The quickest solution is to search for anything and get the desired results in few milliseconds.
In 2019, Backlinko conducted a study analyzing five million desktop and mobile pages. They found that the average time it takes to fully load a webpage was 10.3 seconds on desktop and 27.3 seconds on mobile. It’s safe to say that most mobile and desktop landing pages have work to do in the department of page speed. So, here’s the key, along with improving your website’s page speed, you can also work on instant search results.
Here are a few stats that show the importance of a fast website with an instant search:
- 25% of the visitors would abandon a website that takes more than 4 seconds to load.
- 46% of the users don’t revisit a poorly performing website.
- 64% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with their site visit will prefer to go with other sites and ignore poor performing sites when they confront it the next time.
- Even 1 second of delay reduces customer satisfaction by 16%.
- The average usage of the onsite search was 5.75%, within a range of 18% to 1%. The two companies at the higher end of this range sold products (footwear) where size, style, colour selection is an important factor in decision-making.
- However, when used, search performs very well: visitors converted at 4.63% versus the websites’ average of 2.77% – that’s 1.8 times more effective.
- Consequently, visitors using search contributed 13.8% of the revenues.
- That said, there is room for improvement. 20% of people who used search went on to refine their searches (submit another search) and 21% exited the website from the search results.
I think now you have a better idea of why to get a live on-site search app for your Shopify store.
How do I add autocomplete for search boxes in Shopify?
The easiest way is to install the Expertrec smart search bar from the Shopify app store. You will get a highly customizable search bar with autocomplete feature in it. But, if you want to integrate autocomplete functionality with the existing default Shopify search bar then a little bit of coding is required. You can refer to this blog: 3 best ways to add Shopify search autocomplete.
Having an AJAX search in Shopify is really important for you if you are aiming to make a bigger store. Expertrec smart search bar with so many features have an awesome support team. Additionally, you can customize the on-site search bar that suits your website’s user interface. The key point is that once you start the free trial, you can reach out to them by raising a support ticket and get your every search-related query solved.
What are the benefits of having the Expertrec live search Shopify app?
That’s the primary purpose of the live search bar. It is fast as light and shown the result instantly. It religiously follows search-as-you-type. AJAX technology is known for its performance and usability that is significantly witnessed in the search bar. It lowers the unnecessary time consumption while searching for the products and services and shows the result in almost no time.
The Shopify search bar is the first thing to pay attention to. This statement holds a lot of value, especially when you have either too many product lists on your website or numerous pages of different categories. The basic idea is to make things clear to the user so that s/he could quickly go through the section that s/he wants to see.
When your Shopify store has the Expertrec smart search bar, it acts as an escape mode for the users, and they can quickly narrow down the search options to get the product of their choice. If they mistakenly land somewhere else on the website, they can soon come back and find their aspired product by using the search bar.
Having a responsive search bar is one of the prerequisites. Therefore, an AJAX-enabled search bar helps in making your search bar responsive, fast, and user-friendly. It drastically increases the chances that website users will stay longer in your store and would come back after getting an awesome search experience. After all, they are instantly getting what they are looking for.
In Shopify, we use AJAX to update data without needing to reload the page to a newer page. While drawing a conclusion, it is already proved that having an AJAX search in Shopify is the need of the hour.
Users love to explore and wander around their desired product. If you have an online clothing store, any user searching for a professional suit may also end up buying a suitable tie when you show them a search related to their query, or customers also bought this section. As a result, the Expertrec live search Shopify app is opening doors for users to discover other products and services that they might need in the future.
Make it easier for your users to navigate and uncover various other categories. The better searchability, the better selling opportunities. After all, we love to make our visitors stay a little longer than the last visit.
Get Complete Search and Pattern Analysis
Every platform wants to offer its users an overwhelming experience based on some research, stats, and feedback. Precisely saying, it is all about analytics. And Expertrec allows you to integrate your website’s live search Shopify app with your Google Analytics account. It results in forming a unified system where you can track your visitors’ interests and intent. You can use this information to make changes in web design and page content. It can drastically improve the user experience.
You can aim to build a hierarchy by modifying trending web pages. Launching new products, recognizing emerging market needs, and getting some worthy analytics are some of the things you can estimate as a hidden benefit of having the Expertrec live search app in your online store.
Higher Conversion and Increased Customer Loyalty
The rate of conversion depends on several factors. And, I agree with it. But, it’s a different thing that researchers draw another picture using stats. WebLinc shows the 216% increased chances of conversion of the users using the on-site search bar. The same applies to the Expertrec smart search bar, where you can take advantage of this research.
When your website has more straightforward Navigation and crystal clear categories, you can heavily influence the users’ purchasing desire. In this way, your happy visitors can easily convert. The other benefit is increased customer loyalty. It is because every user landing on your website can quickly get the thing faster using the Expertrec smart search bar, which in turn contributes to improved relationships and better trust. It encourages users to come back to your website whenever they need that specific genuine product or service fast.
Misspellings Should NOT be a Concern
Your search bar should be proficient in understanding user’s emotions just as Google does to you. It does not matter if you have written the wrong spelling or forgot to write a letter. It will show the result exactly as you wanted by adding a section that says, Showing results for, added with the corrected version.
Till this moment, I can feel you better. You may think that the inbuilt Shopify search bar provides very limited features, and it has other limitations too. But, no worries. I’m here to help you get acquainted with a fantastic search engine by Expertrec that can easily integrate with your online Shopify store.
Auto-Fill is a Life Savior
There are various instances when we have the exact product image in our mind, but it’s too hard to convert them into letters. We estimate that the thing is somewhat associated with a particular one. Here comes into play the role of auto-fill. Whenever we type a query, we get some insights based on popular searches and search history.
Auto-fill is a highly recommended feature to have in your Shopify live search bar, especially when you have an online Shopify store. It can give your users some ideas and other lesser-known options associated with your products.
Search Bar Comer First for Mobile Users
In recent updates, Google has explicitly encourages the mobile-friendliness of a website. There is no other reason that a significant portion of internet users comes from mobile. It is handy, comfortable, and it wouldn’t be wrong if I say it is somewhat like an extension of our body parts. We are heavily impacted by our mobile phones. They have become an integral part of our life nowadays.
That’s why it’s pretty evident that mobile users love quick and easy searches. Having the Expertrec smart search bar allows them to directly search for their needed product or page and land on it.
Why your on-site search bar should have Voice Search in 2021 and onwards?
Let’s take a look at the following stats to understand better.
- One-third of the United States population use voice search features. (Emarketer, 2019)
- 71% of consumers prefer to conduct queries by voice search instead of typing. (PwC, 2018)
- By 2020, three-quarters of all US households are expected to own at least one smart speaker. (Microsoft, 2018)
- More than half of all owners of smart speakers use their devices on a daily basis. (NPR, 2018)
- 34.7 million US consumers are expected to shop using a smart speaker in 2020. (Emarketer, 2019)
- 51% of all online shoppers in the US use voice assistants to help them research products. (ComScore, 2019)
- More than one-third of consumers say voice ads are less intrusive and more engaging than ads on TV, print, online, and social media. (Adobe, 2019)
- More than one-quarter of the global online population is using the voice search feature on their mobile devices. (Microsoft, 2019)
- 72% of US consumers are engaging with voice search through digital assistants. (Microsoft, 2019)
- The top activities carried out using the voice assistants are playing music (74%), checking the weather (66%), and setting alarms and reminders (58%).
All of them clearly indicate the rice of voice technology and that’s the exact reason how your Shopify store can stand out from the crowd. When you provide more in less time, users are bound to come back. That’s where the Expertrec smart search can take your Shopify store to the next level. Having a search bar with voice search is one of the premium features that every search bar should have.