Using ExpertRec, you can create a PDF search engine that indexes content inside your website’s PDFs and shows in your website’s/blog search results. This functionality might be useful for websites that have a lot of PDF content and want to help their site users search for PDF content before downloading them.
Creating a PDF search engine
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com
- Enter your websites URL-If you want the search engine to index only PDFs, you will have to host them on some URL that is accessible publically on the internet (Github is recommended). You can have it indexed even if it is behind a login but takes a bit more effort to set up.
- Wait for the crawl to complete-
- You can check the performance of the search using the demo
- Copy-paste the code to your website-
- In your control panel enable PDF search – Go to crawl ->what to crawl-> file types-> Toggle PDF search to yes-> save changes.
That’s it! you have created your PDF search engine
Go to your demo link and check out how it performs. Here is a sample PDF search engine at work on one of our customer’s websites.