Read google custom search API pricing for more information.
The Custom Search JSON API lets you develop websites and applications to retrieve and display search results from Google Custom Search programmatically. With this API, you can use RESTful requests to get either web search or image search results in JSON format.
Google Custom Search enables you to create a search engine for your website, your blog, or a collection of websites. You can configure your search engine to search both web pages and images. You can fine-tune the ranking, customize the look and feel of the search results, and invite your friends or trusted users to help you build your custom search engine. You can even make money from your search engine by using your Google AdSense account.
There are two main use cases for Custom Search – you can create a search engine that searches only the contents of one website (site search), or you can create one that focuses on a particular topic from multiple sites. You can use your expertise about a subject to tell Custom Search which websites to search, prioritize, or ignore. Because you know your users well, you can tailor the search engine to their interests.
With Google Custom Search, you can:
- Create custom search engines that search across a specified collection of sites or pages
- Enable image search for your site
- Customize the look and feel of search results, including adding search-as-you-type Autocompletion
- Add promotions to your search results
- Leverage structured data on your site to customize search results
- Associate your search engine with your Google AdSense account, so you make money whenever users click ads on your search results pages.
Google Custom Search API Pricing