Search box is one of the most important feature for every website. Here is list of best 6 Search Modules that you can install on Joomla website.
HIGH PERFORMANCE SEARCH FOR JOOMLA! Geek ElasticSearch is the most powerful, extremely fast, highly relevant and flexible search and filter system for your Joomla site. Our extension uses the Elasticsearch engine – a highly scalable open-source full-text search and analytics engine to index data and perform the search. Hence, it is possible to index, search, and analyze large volumes of data quickly and return search results in near real-time that other PHP-MySQL based search extensions can’t do.
Powered by leading Search Engine
Elasticsearch is an open-source, RESTful, distributed search and analytics engine built on Apache Lucene. Since the first version of Elasticsearch was released in 2010, it has quickly become the most popular search engine, and is commonly used for log analytics, full-text search, and operational intelligence use cases.
Fast, very fast speed is the first thing that Elasticsearch will impress you. Once you finish typing in search box, select types or change a search mode, search result is immediately returned without a delay.
Multiple Facet Filters
The component provides a powerful filter system that enables users to filter search results by content type, by categories, by language, by access, by author, by custom fields of Joomla, VirtueMart, eShopping, AdsManager, JReviews, .. This helps users quickly find expected results from thousands or millions of records with just some simple clicks.
This feature specially supports location-based extensions such as EasySocial, JomSocial, JEvents, DJ-Classifieds,… It enables users to narrow search results within a specific distance from a geo point.
Managing Big data
New technology that marries big data concepts with search can provide revolutionary improvements in the reliability, cost-of-ownership and flexibility. The technology trusted by many big companies and organizations like Ebay, Mozilla, Github, …
Support 3rd party extensions
Geek ElasticSearch works compatibility with most Joomla! core data. Moreover, it provides plugins to index data of 3rd party extensions like Virtuemart, Kunena, K2… then make the indexed data available for search results.
The component supports to run incremental update of the index. It will only update the content that have only partially changed. It improves indexing time because only part of a content is indexed instead of having to re-index the entire the content.
You can setup task to run indexing of your content automatically from a cron job, Geek ElasticSearch indexer can be run as a command-line application.
Advanced search module
You can control everything on search form and search result like specifying which types of content will be returned, optimizing search results with Scoring and Boosting or controlling number of items per page ..etc..
RSS Feed – Search Alerts
Supports to generate RSS Feed for search results. This is very useful feature in case users want to get a notification from your website for a new articles, new products (VirtueMart, HikaShop, JoomShoping,…), new documents (DOCman), etc…
The component comes with two plugins with functions of trigger during the content creation process of Joomla components and immediately update the ElasticSearch index.
Manage Indexed Content
This feature offers a helpful option to control which items available or unavailable to visitors on your website.
Support Amazon Elasticsearch
Geek ElasticSearch supports Amazon Elasticsearch Service – a professional solution for those who are not familiar with installation and configuration of Elasticsearch service.This make it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch in the AWS Cloud.
It needs great skills and expertise to setup search in your website using Elasticsearch. Othewise its a great Search solution for your Joomla website.
Price: Starts at $ 56..90 One time fees
Searchly is an alternative provider of hosted Elasticsearch solution without any technical know hows you can easily setup Search on your website. It offers you a good service with a reasonable price.
- Completely Managed: Forget any configuration, maintenance, upgrade or monitoring. All handled!
- High Available: Replicated to multiple zones, we commit to keep your business up and fight for it.
- Support: Direct support from developers.
- Access Control: You can create access keys which can be scoped with your indices and aliases with both read-only or full access. This gives you complete tenacity over indices and aliases.
- Fancy Dashboard: Beautiful dashboard for getting information about your installation and navigating your data.
- Analytics: Our built-in search analytics helps you to understand your customer needs, improve your content and search performance.
Price: starts at 9$ / Month.
ExpertRec Site Search provides Quick and Easy to setup Search for your Joomla website in 5 minutes with no coding skills required.
Unlike Google Custom Search Engine, ExpertRec Site Search shows no ads on your website making it a great experience for your visitors.
You can setup search on your website in less than 5 min. and customize the look and feel of the search box, and search results display on your website at ease.
PDF, Word, Excel
Expertrec’s search engine index PDF, word, excel and more file formats so that your site users can search for content within these files.
Crawling pages behind login
Index content behind login pages with expertrec’s crawlers so that your search engine can display them when users search.
Add voice search to your site so that users can find content without typing.
Unlike Custom Google Search Engine, You can’t earn any money from advertising revenue. Except that if you are looking for Ads Free Search Pluging for your Joomla website, ExpertRec is ideal.
You can follow this walk through guide on how to setup ExpertRec Site Search in your Joomla website.
This search extension will dramatically change your conception about search modules. Professional design, real-time working and much more performance than you have ever seen on any website. Searching for an article or product was never so easy with this search module. Impress your visitors with the clean design and increase your site usability!
The Live Search has 4 fully customizable themes within many predefined skins and settings.
Price: Starts at 24$ Per Website One time fees
Filter and Search module for Joomla Articles content, Joomla Contacts, J2Store, SP Page Builder pages. You will be able to search your content from any page and use specific fields for make search more accurate. Multi templates module with ability to show it as table style filter or sidebar style single column search module.
This module can filter and search your Joomla content by custom fields, filter your content by keyword, tag, category, date, author and any custom fields in the same time. Supports new Joomla Articles Fields. Easy configuration and responsive design.
- Responsive, columned or single column style
- Display search fields as keyword, tag select box, category, author or date
- Display search fields with new Joomla Articles Fields and ability to select field type, e.g. you can select slider-range for text field type. Supported field types: text, list, checkboxes, radio, integer, calendar
- Field connection (dependent, chained fields). Possible with list type fields
- Restrict search to specific category (static by category ID(s) and auto by the category you are viewing)
- Order search fields in the module parameters
- Responsive design
- Standard or Ajax search results display mode
- Multi-language support
- Search by J2Store products
- Search by SP Page Builder pages
Price: Starts at 29.9 $ for unlimited domains
OS PDF Indexer is a Joomla extension to allow indexing and searching base on content of pdf documents of your Joomla site, It only does the indexing and saves information on the database for the Joomla Search to perform Search operation. If you want your PDF files to be search, you should certainly try this extension.
- Indexing pdf documents and save content of these documents into database for searching. These documents can be uploaded to different directories .
- Indexing all documents stored in a folder and all it’s sub-folders within one click. This will save time for you incase you have many documents stored in different folders.
- Searching indexed documents via Joomla standard search .
- Scan for deleted documents and delete them from indexed database .
- Integrated with popular download extensions : EDocman
- Allow indexing PDF documents stored by these extensions.
- Allow searching for documents based on indexed content via standard search function of these components.
- The extension can also be used to index word documents. However, because of limitation of the Word Indexer library which I am using, there are still problems with word documents content special character. I will try to find a better library and add it to next versions of the extension to improve indexing word documents feature.
Price: Starts at 34.99 $
If you think ExpertRec is something that you would like use for your Joomla Website. Here you go. If you find any better Search Solution for your Joomla website you can drop it in the comment section. If you are looking for how to setup ExpertRec Site Search in your Joomla website, this guide might be useful.