Read this blog on the WordPress search site for more information.
Why improve internal search in WordPress? Well, when you own a site, you always need to put your content first. Most people will visit you just to find something specific, and not to spend time browsing around randomly. That’s why your site’s internal search should be highly optimized so that it can provide your visitors with the most relevant information.
That being said, WordPress’s own internal search feature perhaps isn’t of the highest quality. I mean, yes, it “finds stuff” but it’s nowhere near the quality of what Google gives you.
From time to time, as crazy as it seems, I come across a WordPress site that has no search box. Sometimes it seems to be because the theme itself never included one. But sometimes it seems that the site’s developer just didn’t want one. Even though there may be no search box on the site, that doesn’t mean that the WordPress search function has been completely disabled. You can still enable it. You have an existing WordPress site or blog and want to replace its default search with Site Search? There is a Site Search WordPress plugin available that makes Site Search integration in WordPress just a matter of a few clicks. This gives non-technical business users the flexibility to integrate Site Search into your site without any technical know-how.
Both scenarios can be automatically handled by using the plugin mentioned below.
How to add WordPress Search Site plugin from ExpertRec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.