Read this blog on WordPress search blogs for more information.
If somebody is on WordPress and they want to sniff around for blogs, there’s no easy way to do this. You would think there would be a search field that would assist in searching all WordPress blogs. But the default WordPress search is not good enough to give satisfactory results.
Site search is a very important feature that helps your visitor find the content they are in need of. Whether your site is for blogging, eCommerce, or any informational website allowing users to search the database, it will help to improve the usability. If you have a good site search then it helps you to reduce your dependency on Google which will directly increase the time spent on your site. Even if you are in the initial phase of setting your website, improving the WordPress site search is a good idea as it will be very helpful in the future too.
By default, first, the result that has a match for the full sentence of your search term in the title of the post is listed. Secondly, the result that has a match for your full search term are listed. Then the result that has a match some of your search terms are listed. After this, the result that has a match for the full sentence of your search terms in the content of the post is shown. And the remaining search results are shown in chronological order.
But WordPress doesn’t make it easy to edit this ranking. If you want to make a fully customizable blog search, then use the plugin mentioned below.
How to add WordPress Search Blogs plugin from ExpertRec
- Install WP fastest site search plugin from WordPress plugin store.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress.
- Enter your WordPress website URL and click on next->
- The crawl will start in the background.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- In your left panel you must be able to see Expertrec’s WordPress plugin, click on that.
- Get your site ID (or) API key from your Expertrec control panel ( here ).
- Copy-paste your site id in your WordPress control panel and click on save changes.
- Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan before 14 days of free trial. (Price begins at 9 USD per month)
- That’s it! Your brand new WordPress search is up and running!
- You can customize the search results page from the ExpertRec dashboard without any coding.