Want to add WordPress autocomplete search functionality to your website? You know – where visitors start typing in their query and your site automatically helps them finish their search and/or suggests content that matches.
Create a autocomplete search for your WordPress site
How to add a WordPress Autocomplete Search
We will see two ways to add a WordPress autocomplete search to your website. One will use a plugin and the other is a non-plugin method.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=wordpress
- Enter your website URL and initiate a crawl.
- Download and install the WP fastest site search plugin from here.
- Go to https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/home/Status and copy your site ID.
- Click on the site search icon in your WordPress admin panel. Copy-paste your API key from inside your WordPress admin panel
- This plugin adds a better performing search form to your website.
- Subscribe to a paid plan (9 USD per month).
- That’s it, you have added a WordPress autocomplete search form to your website.
Here we will visit the steps required to add the ExpertRec WordPress autocomplete search to your website. This is one of the easiest setup processes of all the available options out there and is highly recommended.
- Navigate to https://cse.expertrec.com/newuser?platform=cse and signup with your Google ID.
- Enter your website’s URL when prompted. You can select a server location near you and add the URL of your sitemap if you wish to. These will be auto-detected otherwise.
- You can play around with the settings and customize the UI as the crawl runs. Once it is complete, you can check out a fully functional demo before taking the search to your website.
- You can take the search to your website with little to no effort. All you need to do is to paste the code snippet available on the dashboard on your website.
ExpertRec comes with more customization options that you can explore. You can read this article to find a more detailed guide on the installation and configuration.