How to create a WordPress Advanced Search with Expertrec? WordPress’s search functionality has a lot of scope for improvement. To increase the usability of the default WordPress search, many WordPress advanced search plugins are available.
WordPress Advanced Search Features
- Easy setup.
- Search operators Support
- ” ” Must include.
- Wildcard search
- Stop Words.
- Fuzzy search
- Search in other languages.
- Excluding out of stock products from search.
- Voice search.
- Search weights to control relevance.
- Pinning and featured products
How to Create a WordPress advanced search-
- Go to WordPress advanced search creator.
- Sign in with your Gmail id.
- Enter your website URL.
- Enter your sitemap URL.9this ensures better crawl and indexing of your pages.
- Initial website crawl and indexing from the control panel.
- Once the crawl is complete, go to the code section and add it to your searchform.php file.
- That’s it, you have added advanced search to your WordPress site.
WordPress advanced search settings
- Search weights– You can adjust the weights for the title, meta description, URL to adjust search relevance. You can add search weights from https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/searchconfig/weights.
- Synonyms- You can add synonyms, to your control panel from here.
- Boost- You can promote or demote search results using the boost feature. You can visit https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/search/boostFields to do this.
- Facets– To make changes to facets, visit https://cse.expertrec.com/csedashboard/search/boostFields. Here you can choose what filters to display.
- Filters- Filters can help you remove certain URL patterns or content from getting shown in search results.
- Voice Search- Voice search currently works only in Chrome browsers. To enable this and more advanced search features, go to othersettings and enable voice search.