Read this blog on voice search for eCommerce for more information.
In any eCommerce website, there is no one tool that is more important than the search bar that helps in sales. The real truth is that many eCommerce websites have been trying to get the secret sauce that drives great search experiences on Google. But hardly few eCommerce websites (including Amazon) have been able to get their search to Google’s level. Statistics have shown a high correlation between people who search and people who buy. This gives a great reason to optimize your eCommerce search engine. To be concise, the search bar is the eye of an eCommerce website.
Is Voice search the future?
- In 2016, Google’s CEO Sundar Pichai at Google IO said that 20% of all searches on Google Android App in the United State are voice searches. This is really a significant figure to take into consideration.
- Yoshua Bengio Researcher at Montreal University, home of the top machine learning scientists stated that voice search will replace text search as speech recognition improves.
- Andrew Ng, Former Chief Scientist and head at Baidu AI, in an interview with Fast Company said that “In five years’ time, at least 50% of all searches are going to be either through images or speech. [ September 2014 ]
- Another factor is the accuracy of voice search which Ng predicted up to 95% to 99%. So, He believes that such a high accuracy level of voice recognition will make voice search mainstream.
- Google trends form 2008 – 2016 for queries Navigate Home, Call Mom, Call Dad.
- One out of five consumers has made a purchase through Amazon’s Echo or another digital assistant, per Walker Sands.
Due to the sharp increase in usage of voice search and personal assistants we can says that it is more important than ever to understand how search engines provide answers to questions. It is really important to adapt our marketing strategies to provide answers to queries coming not only from text search but also from voice search.
Why e-commerces should adopt voice search
- Shopping through voice search is projected to grow to $40 billion yearly by 2022— that’s 20 times of current.
- Voice search is not coming only from smart devices like Google Home, or Amazone’s echo which really not idle for e-commerce, instead a huge chunk of the search is coming from smartphones and desktop devices.
- Google has published a voice search recommendation on how to evaluate and rate a voice search query originated from an electronic device that can understand voice queries from a user.
- Stuart Shaw, Head at Zazzle Media, stated that Amazon enjoyed twice the market share compared to any other competitor. For e-commerce companies, Alexa only heightens the threat—inside and outside the Amazon ecosystem
- Voice search improves user experience drastically – Due to this, search engines like Google are giving higher importance on voice search enabled websites. After all, the primary task of a search engine is to rank websites accurately so users can find the best possible information for their search query. User experience is primary to search engine optimization. Investing in voice search is proven to improve online purchases and revenue.
Options to add a voice search engine to your website.
This method works universally on all websites.